German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#106  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:34 am

That is the most confusing part of Jaffe's recommendations and tests. He seems to imply he only uses a buffered/mineral ascorbate, but then in the same discussion, he stresses that L-ascorbate, is the only form the cures scurvy, implying that his "ascorbate" recommendation is for L-ascorbates. So he is not clear.

We think we now know that sodium ascorbate, and presumably other mineral ascorbates, travel slowly down the GI Tract before being absorbed into the blood stream, while ascorbic acid has the potential to be immediately absorbed into the blood stream (within the first 15 minutes) presumably through the stomach wall. This difference might affect the calibration. Probably not a bad idea to try to calibrate with both AA and SA and see if the numbers are different.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#107  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:54 pm

ofonorow wrote:That is the most confusing part of Jaffe's recommendations and tests. He seems to imply he only uses a buffered/mineral ascorbate, but then in the same discussion, he stresses that L-ascorbate, is the only form the cures scurvy, implying that his "ascorbate" recommendation is for L-ascorbates. So he is not clear.

We think we now know that sodium ascorbate, and presumably other mineral ascorbates, travel slowly down the GI Tract before being absorbed into the blood stream, while ascorbic acid has the potential to be immediately absorbed into the blood stream (within the first 15 minutes) presumably through the stomach wall. This difference might affect the calibration. Probably not a bad idea to try to calibrate with both AA and SA and see if the numbers are different.

Thanks Owen.
I went from 25g to 56 g currently, /day.
No BT reached while previous "up" doses left me with trouble at about 40 or less.
My own calibration: will up 5 g a day & see. I got another different AA to test a new after I test this Purebulk.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#108  Post by Frodo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 am

I take 37 grams wiithout any problems. It's buffered with sodium bicarbonate (in Germany called Natron = baking soda). I think Linus Pauling did it also this way. Additionally I take liposomal vitamin C - but it's difficult to assess the amount and requirements.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#109  Post by pamojja » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:47 am

Frodo wrote:I take 37 grams wiithout any problems. It's buffered with sodium bicarbonate (in Germany called Natron = baking soda). I think Linus Pauling did it also this way. Additionally I take liposomal vitamin C - but it's difficult to assess the amount and requirements.

Maybe I'm wrong, but usually 'buffered' (on a supplement label) means AA is just mixed in dry form with a mineral. If bicarbonate and AA are mixed in water, they both combine to form sodium ascorbate molecules. Which isn't called 'buffered'anymore.

If one mixes AA with sodium bicarbonate one's bowel-tolerance might get altered.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#110  Post by Frodo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 am

pamojja wrote:
Frodo wrote:I take 37 grams wiithout any problems. It's buffered with sodium bicarbonate (in Germany called Natron = baking soda). I think Linus Pauling did it also this way. Additionally I take liposomal vitamin C - but it's difficult to assess the amount and requirements.

Maybe I'm wrong, but usually 'buffered' (on a supplement label) means AA is just mixed in dry form with a mineral. If bicarbonate and AA are mixed in water, they both combine to form sodium ascorbate molecules. Which isn't called 'buffered'anymore.

If one mixes AA with sodium bicarbonate one's bowel-tolerance might get altered.

You are right. I currently take sodium ascorbate. During the calibration I took buffered mineral l-ascorbate powder.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#111  Post by Frodo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 am

Hmmmh! Owen, I'm not sure yet. Sodium ascorbate, is it a "buffered" form too or not?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#112  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:42 am

Yes, sodium ascorbate would be considered a "buffered" form of vitamin C. AA is acidic, and all mineral ascorbates, including sodium ascorbate are alkaline, i.e., buffered.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#113  Post by Frodo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Uppps... My topic has reached more than 10.000 views. Since january 30, 2017. I hope you could always find helpful informations.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#114  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:27 am

Just shows that people are attracted to negative reports (ie. the title)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#115  Post by Frodo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:34 pm

ofonorow wrote:Just shows that people are attracted to negative reports (ie. the title)

Owen
About the title that's right. But my story is very different, you know. It's an incredible success story. I just did 1 hour of boxing training and bodybuilding. And the doctors told me one year ago to start heart failure therapy.......
And I'm sure my lp(a) will drop down too because I w a n t i t.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#116  Post by Frodo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:19 am

Sorry, I forgot something...
Owen, Johnwen and many others in the forum have helped me a lot. Thank you for that.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#117  Post by Frodo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:08 am

Owen
My homocysteine has dropped to 7,3. And you are right. I have taken the greater amount of vitamin C in supplementation to vitamin B infusions. I think it's really vitamin C that works.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#118  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:15 am

Interesting. Thanks for the reports.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#119  Post by Frodo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 am

I did the "Cleanse"-test once again (after 3 weeks). I needed about 48 grams C to reach watery stool. The amount required has hardly changed. It's only a little bit fewer than the first time (50 grams).

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#120  Post by Frodo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Owen
Who is Jaffee (C Cleanse)? I couldn't find informations about him. And I don't know him.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”