Stroke recovery for an 88 year old

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Stroke recovery for an 88 year old

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:18 am

Hi Owen,

Just over a month ago my 88 year old Mother suffered her first stroke. It has left her with partial paralysis of her right arm and leg. She is currently in hospital, but is about to be placed into an aged care facility, as she hasn't made much progress in rehabilitation and is unable to walk since the stroke.

Her stroke came on gradually, and varied in severity. In hospital she was treated with Aspirin. Initially her condition improved, but about six hours later she suddenly lost the use of her right arm. A second CT scan showed there was no bleeding, so does this indicate some kind of LDL/Lp(a) embolism? The hospital diagnosis is "a L) middle cerebral artery stroke presenting with a dense R) hemiparesis , dysarthria and dysphagia".

The warning signs that she had CVD were there... She has had leg ulcers for the last year or more, along with the typical signs of degraded blood circulation in her legs (bruising, swelling). Not long before the stroke she had an ultrasound of her leg arteries and veins. The result showed both of them were blocking up.

After her stroke I went searching online for treatments that could cure CVD and found Pauling therapy, the vitamin C websites, and Dr Rath's website and videos. I'm convinced that Pauling therapy could greatly increase her quality of life. She also has very painful worn out knee joints (osteoarthritis, bone-on-bone), early Dementia (almost no short term memory), Glaucoma, and type 2 (diet controlled) diabetes. It seems to me that at least some of these could be related to low vitamin C levels (probably with elevated sugar levels making things even worse). She has never
smoked. She has been treated for hypertension for many years.

I am thinking about ordering some Ascorsine-9 (and some vitamin K2) for her (I haven't been able to find any of the complete Pauling therapy products for sale in Australia). I told one of her treating Doctors at the hospital about Pauling therapy, but he said he would be worried about toxic effects or drug interactions at the high doses of vitamin C used. He did agree to put her on a vitamin C supplement - 500mg - but this is a long
way short of what is needed.

What is your recommendation? Any other thoughts are welcomed also. I will try to get a list of the medication she is currently
on.

Thanks for your great websites!

Regards,
Daz

Her age makes any treatment problematic, but I think you are correct that taking high doses of vitamin C (and lysine) should make her feel better and live longer.

As far as toxic effects, all the Pauling therapy nutrients are essential, meaning they are required for life, so they must safely interact with any drugs. The high dosages are admittedly unstudied, but the main effect we have noticed these past two decades is that heart patients usually are able to reduce or eliminate their pharmaceutical medications.

Can you find a doctor to administer IV/DMSO in Australia? I ran into a person yesterday who has found studies showing the DMSO can reverse dementia and Alzheimer's. (On my list to look these up.) eDOC at this forum has the only report I am aware of (in people who hadn't preloaded with CoQ10 - which can protect against future stroke damage) that IV/DMSO reversed stroke damaged.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Stroke recovery for an 88 year old

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 am

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the reply.

My Mother has now been transferred to an aged care facility, as she hasn't made sufficient recovery to return home. Luckily it is in a nearby location.

I've never heard of DMSO before. It is available here in Australia, but so far I haven't found any information about it
being available as an IV treatment for CVD, Stroke or Dementia.

The biggest problem at the moment is how to get Pauling therapy doses into a person who is on mildly thick fluids (due to
dysphagia) - especially when they don't want to drink the quantity required per dose. Any suggestions?

Do thickeners affect the absorption of the Pauling therapy nutrients? The type being used currently is based on Xanthan Gum.
Could the typical Pauling therapy powders be dissolved in something other than water (like yoghurt)?

Here is a list of her hospital medications:
Aspirin 100mg
Dalteparin 5000 units (daily injection to avoid DVT)
Verapamil 240mg
Perindopril 2.5mg
Paracetamol 1g
Targin 5/2.5mg
Ascorbic Acid 500mg (twice daily)
Cholecalciferol 25mcg
Travoprost 40mcg/ml

Also:
Gastrogel 20ml
Movicol 1-2 sachets
Metoclopramide 10mg

Regards,
Daz

The inventor of Tower Heart Technology would make a paste, instead of mixing in water, put the paste on the back of his tongue and swallow.
And I wouldn't take with fiber or near "thickeners" as these may attach and not allow the nutrients to be absorbed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”