Question for Owen - Dosage with high calcium score

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Question for Owen - Dosage with high calcium score

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 am

Sorry to be a pain :)
If you were me with a calcium score of 1083 how much vitamin C would you take and how much Liposomal would you take per day?

Thanks

Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question for Owen

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 am

From what I know, with a calcium score like that I would focus on vitamin K. As I have said many times, my wife and I take 1 Super-K from LEF.ORG daily, and our calcium scores are zero. We are around age 60. I was pleased to read in Life Extension that vitamin K, like vitamin C, reduces mortality from all causes: http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2014/9/The-Surprising-Longevity-Benefits-of-Vitamin-K/Page-01

There are several ways to determine the optimal vitamin C, and lysine intake, for CVD in general.

Knowing your bowel tolerance, or Jaffee C Calibration number, gives you a current ball park of vitamin C dosage to shoot for. The normal population can metabolize from 4000 to 20000 mg of vitamin C daily. For people who can take more, there is probably some kind of toxicity or other stress issue that is causing an increased requirement for vitamin C. If you can tolerate 30,000 mg, or even 60,000 mg of vitamin C without loose stools, then if it were me, I would take that much until whatever is causing the stress is resolved.

Johnwen came up with a formula, which is the minimum amount a person requires based on body weight: http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593#p18786

Lysine should match vitamin C to about 6000 mg (6 g) but in our experience, little more is required for the anti-CVD effect. It is the amount of vitamin C that seems to vary so much between individuals.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Question for Owen - Dosage with high calcium score

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 am

Thanks Owen, right now I've been averaging 15 to 20 grams of C per day. I got some Lipsomal as well and will take 9 grams of that perday in addition. And have some lysine proline capsules that I take as well. I also take ypur cardio-c 2 scoops per day.

Ken

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”