Vitamin C and Pregnancy

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

Dolev
quack
quack

Vitamin C and Pregnancy

Post Number:#1  Post by Dolev » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:14 pm

I was asked about a newly pregnant woman with CMV. I am fully aware of the importance of vitamin C during pregnancy, but nervous about recommending infusions without hearing specifically about this. Any info and experience would be appreciated.

Dolev

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C and Pregnancy

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Dolev wrote:I was asked about a newly pregnant woman with CMV. I am fully aware of the importance of vitamin C during pregnancy, but nervous about recommending infusions without hearing specifically about this. Any info and experience would be appreciated.

Dolev

I'm lazy? What is CMV? (A virus I assume..) I"d be extremely careful with IVC during pregnancy. This illustrates my one area of confusion with Beard and his enzyme theory. If Beard is right - and cancers are (false) placentas, and if high IVC kills cancer aka (false) placentas, then why wouldn't high levels of vitamin C affect a real placenta?

I do know from personal experience that a woman's bowel tolerance rises, and that 10,000 mg is not only safe - but makes for a wonderfully easy pregnancy and healthy baby.

My educated guess is that any blood level that is consistent or less than what an animal creates naturally, with some leeway, is perfectly safe during pregnancy. But I wouldn't risk spikes high above the natural level in animals. Just a guess.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#3  Post by Dolev » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:40 am

Thank you Owen. I think it's a landmark moment when someone like you (or me in fact) recommends caution about anything concerning vitamin C.
Dolev

Return to “Toxicity”