bowel tolerance next morning

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

Telefunk
Contributor
Contributor

bowel tolerance next morning

Post Number:#1  Post by Telefunk » Sat May 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Has anyone else experienced a delayed bowel tolerance where loose stool doesn't occur until day after recommended intake?
I was using cheap 500mg AA tablets.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: bowel tolerance next morning

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am

Hi Tele,

What is the "recommended intake?" I would say that Bowel Tolerance varies from day-to-day [and moment-to-moment], at least somewhat, and certainly person-to-person.

For what it might be worth, sometimes I think I have experienced "everything" over the past 20 years. Not only am I convinced we are all [at least to some extent (slightly)] different, but my experience is that even my own body seems to go in its own cycles [in its own way, at its own pace].

Additionally, if it were me, I would be looking closely at my last meal. My experience is certainly that makes a big difference, e.g. how laxative the foods were [or weren't].

If you ingest enough AA [quickly enough], Tele, I can [virtually] guarantee you that you will experience a loose stool within an hour. The less closely you get to your Bowel Tolerance, the longer it will take for the "reaction."

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”