Bloating/gas

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

jabele1

Bloating/gas

Post Number:#1  Post by jabele1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Hi everyone,

About 3-4 weeks ago, I started megadosing on Vitamin C (about 10,000 -- 10 pills/day) to an effort to create some acidity in my sinuses. I have various health challenges, including Addison's (adrenals) and recently, Lyme Disease, and thought up'ing my Vit C would help.

About 10 days ago, I started experiencing some lower abdominal bloat & gas -- it feels like trapped gas basically. My BMs are relatively normal, but this bloating/gas is literally driving me nuts. I read this can happen when you overdose on Vitamin C (which made me feel better because it was an easy fix, or so I thought), however, I'm not 100% sure the bloat/gas is due to the Vitamin C as the symptoms didn't start immediately. Also, I took my last dose of Vitamin C on Monday morning, and it's now Thursday, and the bloat/gas remains.

My question is how long after stopping Vitamin C should the gas/bloat go away? Is it normal that its been days without improvement, despite stopping the Vitamin C, or should I look into another cause of my intestinal troubles?

Thanks for the advise.

jabele1

Re: Bloating/gas

Post Number:#2  Post by jabele1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 am

Any thoughts on whether these side effects would last this long after stopping???

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Bloating/gas

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:55 am

Sorry for the delay. Several issues in your post.

One - Charcoal has long been recommended to "absorb" and reduce flatulence. You might try some dietary charcoal.

Two - the 10 pills is problematic and because of the various fillers, we always recommend pure powders (or capsules with pure powders) for high-dose oral vitamin C therapy.

Three -
I have various health challenges, including Addison's (adrenals) and recently, Lyme Disease, and thought up'ing my Vit C would help.

You must be on some form of cortisol (usually prednisone or methyl prednisolone), may I ask the dosage?

People diagnosed with Lyme report that our True Liposomal (renamed PANACEA) is the "only product in the world" that makes them feel better and get through their days." Not that many have discovered this product, but those that have purchase ENORMOUS quantities.

We have previously posted about the Beck electrical medicine machines. There are youtube testimonials saying that with a concerted effort (at least 3 months) these units have relieved the symptoms of Lyme.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12367

However, I have spoken tom one long-time Lyme patient who tell me he tried the Beck-style machines for a long time, without positive results. The problem might be in how the units are used.. Might be worth a try - after making sure your vitamin C and cortisol is correct. (The adrenals normally have the highest concentration of vitamin C of all tissues.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”