My Current Health

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

My Current Health

Post Number:#1  Post by davids1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi All,

I was notified that I received the following email from Confused1:

"Hello. I am a fairly new member to the vitamin c forum and came across your
very informative posts. But you haven't posted in awhile. Are you still
healthy and are you still dosing to bowel tolerance? Any chance of dropping
by the forum and letting us know how you're doing? Thanks, Don"

In response:

Hi Don,

Yes, I still enjoy excellent health [at 68], with no sickness nor any need for drugs or doctors [the very occasional dentist (with "novocaine") excepted].

While I still [basically] ingest a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid daily [in the form of tablets], my total intake has gone down from the roughly [average] three ounces I used to ingest daily, to more like [an average of] two ounces now [a quarter to a third of which is typically ingested at bedtime in the form of timed-release tablets]. I find my diet seems to be the primary determiner of how much I end up ingesting, e.g. the more raw my diet, the lower my Bowel Tolerance.

You are most welcome, Don, and I hope this answered your questions.

Good health to us all,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: My Current Health

Post Number:#2  Post by confused1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Thank you. I just now saw this post as I never visit this section. Glad you are well!

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”