L-Ascorbic Acid Allergy?

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

JodBronson

L-Ascorbic Acid Allergy?

Post Number:#1  Post by JodBronson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:25 am

Hi all :)

I'm new here :)

Anyway... For the longest time, I didn't know about Ascorbic Acid. For the First time in my life, I started to Drink things without it.... Now it seems that is true I'm Allergic to Ascorbic Acid.

How do I know this? Well I tested with 2 Juices... One have Ascorbic Acid and the other doesn't. What happened when I drink Juices with Ascorbic Acid Aka Vitamin C? It feels like someone HOLD me really tight :(( and something weird happen to my Tongue... Like Tingling feeling, and it makes me tired right away.

I've been avoiding Juices and Fruits all my life... Rarely eat them... Recently I said to myself, I can't just Avoid Juices and Fruits for the rest of my life, I love them... There must be something in it that I'm allergic too... So I went on a Journey and now I came to conclusion that I'm Allergic to Ascorbic Acid. Because I was testing all the Juices and found a few that doesn't have Ascorbic Acid.

Is there someone out there like me??? I found a few People Reporting that they too Allergic to Ascorbic Acid :))

Jod

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: L-Ascorbic Acid Allergy?

Post Number:#2  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi there Newbie
You are the first person i know who is allergic to ascorbic acid. I thought the same as i used to drink a juice cordial that made my chest and back itch and tingle inside under the skin.
I soon worked out that Sodium benzoate a preservative in most drinks/juices was the culprit. Often you see Sodium Benzoate and ascorbic acid as preservatives and these really made me feel yucky.
Then someone pointed out the Sodium joins the ascorbic to make a vitamin C salt Sodium Ascorbate and that leaves behind benzene!!
So check again :)

JodBronson

Post Number:#3  Post by JodBronson » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:48 pm

jimmylesante wrote:Hi there Newbie
You are the first person i know who is allergic to ascorbic acid. I thought the same as i used to drink a juice cordial that made my chest and back itch and tingle inside under the skin.
I soon worked out that Sodium benzoate a preservative in most drinks/juices was the culprit. Often you see Sodium Benzoate and ascorbic acid as preservatives and these really made me feel yucky.
Then someone pointed out the Sodium joins the ascorbic to make a vitamin C salt Sodium Ascorbate and that leaves behind benzene!!
So check again :)

Thank You.... jimmylesante !!!

You might be Right.... I will look into it Further..... Another thing gonna have to add to my list :)) Sodium Benzoate. LOL

Also I have Celiac Disease so I think that is Part of it. I wished they call it SILLY ACT Disease, LMAO cause it makes more sense. Anyway, because of Celiac Disease that damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy. I think that is why I can't absorb Vitamin C likes most Normal Folks :))

I don't see Sodium Benzoate in the Juices / Drinks that I'm drinking now, I'm afraid to try, or find Juices that have Sodium Benzoate in it, LOL

Thank you for the Info and your knowledge :))

Update: I found Sodium Benzoate in my Sunkist Soda. But it doesn't' have ascorbic acid in it. So today I drank a few to TEST it. Nothing happens.... Normal as usually :))

I'm gonna find a Drink that have BOTH in it, then I will update again :))

JOD

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by davids1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:59 am

Hi JOD,

For what it might be worth to you, if it were me, I would simply cut back the amount of ascorbic acid I was ingesting, to a level I was comfortable with, BUT I WOULD NOT STOP INGESTING IT COMPLETELY.

The following [true] story may be of interest: Forty years ago, I used to drink a quart or two of orange juice [from frozen concentrate] every day. I had a friend who told me he really loved the taste, but could not drink more than a few ounces without breaking out in cold sores around his mouth/lips. I suggested he start drinking a few ounces a day, and very gradually increase the amount. Well, after six to eight weeks, he told me he was able to drink a cup or two, and no longer had the cold sores. I hypothesized [with him] that the orange juice was actually causing a detoxification reaction in him, i.e. the cold sores, and as it cleaned him up and out, he no longer had the problem.

I am of the opinion, JOD, that is exactly what is happening in your case.

All just "grist for your mill,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by jimmylesante » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Newbie
Sodium Benzoate also masquerades as E211.
I wonder if citric acid C6H8O7 could react with the E211 the same way Ascorbic acid C6H8O6 does?

JodBronson

Post Number:#6  Post by JodBronson » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:45 am

jimmylesante wrote:Hi Newbie
Sodium Benzoate also masquerades as E211.
I wonder if citric acid C6H8O7 could react with the E211 the same way Ascorbic acid C6H8O6 does?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You trying to Kill me??? LOL J/k :))

When I have citric acid, there is something weird happen to my Body as well, but it's short and doesn't last long.... It make me feel like I'm kinda High, LOL :x

I know I'm lucky, CHEAP way to get High, LOL

@ jimmylesante - You are a Bright Guy !!!

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”