Shingles

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shingles

Post Number:#1  Post by C-can » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 am

Hi, new member here. In Dr. Levy's book curing the incurable he mentions dr. Klenner curing shingles patients with high dose vitamin C. But also in a lecture he gave he mentions a paper documenting treatment of 300 shingles patients by dr. Tom Gilford. Does anyone have a link to that paper? I'm trying to help a sibling with shingles. Thanks for any help.

seversonrose

Re: Shingles

Post Number:#2  Post by seversonrose » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:16 pm

I am new here also. I have been taking Vitamin C for years at about 2-5 grams a day. I had not been sick for over 6 years. Last year I was getting shingles (at the time I didn't know what it was). I woke up like normal to start my day, by 10am I realized I was weak and possibly getting sick. I took my normal dose of 3 grams AA V/C. By 1 pm I had a fever and was very tired. I went to bed and continued to have a fever for 6 hours but during that time I took 32 more grams of V/C (I would take it every hour). Around 7 pm no more fever, by 9 pm feeling almost normal. Woke up the next morning and felt great but had a 4 circular areas of itchy bumps on my left thigh. One was more bumpy and it did itch for about a week. Also that leg was sensitive at the top part to the touch for a few hours. I then looked up the pics of shingles and I knew for sure that is what it was. I had been around 2 family/friends that had them bad for the last few weeks. I didn't take any extra C after that because I had no other issues. The only thing was the itchy spot for about a week. If I had taken more it probably would have gone away too but I didn't even think about it by that point because I felt totally normal.
I would just go to bowel tolerance with Vitamin C and do so until you have no more symptoms. That is totally my opinion but I am not giving medical advice :) since I am not a doctor:)

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by C-can » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks for sharing that. She has been takin 2g per day if liposomal from livon. Some improvement but not cured yet.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:18 pm

I had a look but could not find anything remotely like the paper you ask about. There was not really enough info to find anything. A lot of this kind of stuff gets conveniently "buried"

I can get the full papers but without being able to find what I am looking for it makes it very difficult.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by C-can » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for checking on that. No worries.

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by sjmusic2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Just to add to the anecdotal record...I developed shingles over the Summer.

Unfortunately I didn't identify it until it was well established. I initially thought it to be a heat rash. Once I knew what I was dealing with I was taking upwards of 30g AA, 20+g l-lysine and 6-10ml 99.99% dmso orally spread throughout the day. I knew when it was time to take more as the pain became excruciating. Within a couple of minutes of drinking the above there would be relief from most of the pain. I also took higher doses of B-complex and other antioxidants such as astaxanthin, and applied frankincense (diluted with coconut oil) or 50% dmso directly on the affected skin.

It duly blistered and dried up over the next couple of weeks and I was left with an additional week or so of sensitive/irritated skin when touched by clothing.

At no point during the massive dosing of AA etc did I hit bowel tolerance and it was only several weeks later that I needed to reduce the levels. My healthy dose is around 5-8g AA daily.

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by maryclaire » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 am

Is everyone getting the shingles vaccine? I don't usually get flu shots but am wondering if this one is a good idea...thanks!

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”