Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Question for eDoc - DMSO and general detox

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 am

eDoc sir,

Have you any information or experience to indicate that a function of DMSO may be to help with detoxification? I am all ears.

I am personally looking into potential reasons why my adrenals have shut down, and I have other hormone-like issues, some of which would be attributed to age.

That led me to the many writings/books of Sherry Rogers, MD, who had suffered from mercury (or other toxin) poisoning. After she figured out the problem and successfully detoxed, she felt like she had a new lease on life, and her patients experience the same thing after detoxing.

One thing Rogers never mentions in her protocols is DMSO. I suspect that DMSO's ability to penetrate cells, and then the "smell on the skin" indicating it makes it to the surface, may also indicate that it has an ability to detox - rid the cell of unwanted substances. Yes, no maybe?

The particular issue that concerns me is phthalates - plasticizers. The problem is that not only is this one of the most prevalent "toxins" in terms of mass, but that it mimics various hormones, interfering with the hormone receptors. The body has a detoxification system for the plastics, but it gets overloaded. Vitamin C is known to attract heavy metals, but I have never heard of any ability with regard to phthalates.

Rogers says that people won't be able to rid the body of these ubiquitous plastics without sweating, and highly recommends an infrared sauna, see this testimonial (whether the woman claims the plastic left her and formed "discs" on her skin.)

https://susansmithjones.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Kelly-S-Testimonial.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Question for eDoc - DMSO and general detox

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am

Hi Owen, you didn’t require addressing me as eDoc sir, you could have just typed my forum handle or are you being sarcastic....I ain’t no knightship, just a rookie, rusty doc.

Apologize for the late reply, just read the post.....

Anyhow, let me try to answer in-depth, to the best of my abilities.

•Correct...I have experienced DMSO to be a great and probably one of the best detox agent.
•I do have some idea about your med issues, like adrenal fatigue etc, but not in depth neither would want you to post here.
• I am skeptical and may have some negative comments about the link you posted and Roger’s thoughts, ideas posted in her book that you have read. Personally, I have never heard of her.

Now let me try to elaborate.....

1. I was approached by a lady suffering from Lupus (SLE), an acquaintance of one I treated some 3 years back. She was suffering from Nephrotic Syndrome and was tested positive for phthalates and heavy metals. This particular lady, had symptoms of Adrenal fatigue too. The Lupus literate doc, wanted her on steroids, which she didn’t take and opted to go with my protocol.

2. After receiving 10 DMSO infusions on a daily basis flew back, and took it orally daily, for another 1 months, at the end of that period her ACR dropped to 17mg/g, and is free of both phthalates and heavy metals. (Unable to post her labs, since didn’t get her consent.) This should sum up how efficient DMSO is as to detoxing, both phthalates and heavy metals.

3. I have occasionally been suggesting trying DMSO along with various supplements, in one of my previous posts for your Adrenals.

4. Now coming to why I am skeptical.....I don’t disagree that this lady, the cancer suffer is getting well, but I have a feeling, could be wrong.

5. Firstly I feel that the company manufacturing these saunas is using her for their marketing, secondly Roger’s due to personal or professional reasons didn’t mention DMSO.

6. I have witnessed DMSO to detox phthalates etc, one doesn’t require a sauna for that, and I would disagree with Roger’s idea to get a infra red sauna, to me it’s a gimmick, unless the agent/supplements she recommends aren't as potent as DMSO.

7. Sauna doesn’t make sense in removing phthalates etc, well no harm if one wants to waste money, like a friend here in Orl, spent a few K$ to detox for heavy metals and miserably failed, now is just sitting in her garage, cause was using incorrect detox agents.

Hope that helps and answered your queries.

Good luck!
Best regards!
eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, subaverage doc but one that gives results. I'd recommend to think twice, before sending emails, since would charge for a consult!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Thank you! And no, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

It is good news about the 10 DMSO treatments completely detoxing that lady. Infusions, so intravenous, followed by one month oral? Do you have a suggested dosage, e.g. mg or g per kilogram of body weight? Do the infusions have to be daily, and how do you tell if its working?

I am curious as to the "other supplements" you might recommend along with DMSO for the adrenal malfunction. (And I don't mind discussing this openly. If you help me solve this, I will owe you BIG TIME.. My own adrenal function has TANKED since February.)

I will search for your other posts (that I may have missed) on DMSO and adrenal function.,

As for Sherry Rogers, she is very experienced and she gets it. She learned how to detox on herself and she may simply have little or no knowledge of DMSO. I searched DMSO and detox using google and really didn't find much regarding detox, especially phthalates. She maintains that the infrared sauna is the only guaranteed way (I didn't spend thousands, I found a portable unit used - for $150. So we'll see if I can see the "plastic dics" in the sweath)

I may start an IV/DMSO protocol today. (Switching from my ritual vitamin C drip)

Thank you again for responding.

Added did find these links from eDoc's posts

http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12294&p=42716&hilit=DMSO+adrenal#p42716 Post #16
IV DMSO increases ACTH production plus enhanced Adrenal perfusion net result increases Cortisol...rest shall come in my book.

post #22
It’s nice to know that you have a friend expert in IV DMSO, am sure he can assist you cure your issues and get you off Pred, if for some reason he fails which I doubt feel free to contact, shall guide him and won’t charge.

http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12436&p=43458&hilit=DMSO+adrenal#p43458
post #5
Have used it with great success to treat diseases from Colds, COPD, Emphysema, Acute Asthma, Lupus, Scleroderma, Mixed CTD, Guillian Barre, Strokes, Cancers, Viral (like Swine Flu, Hepatitis, Herpes), Renal Failure, Cardiac, Seizures, Encephlaopathies, Diabetes, Lymes, MS, Adrenal Fatigue, list can go on......

http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12983&p=46380&hilit=DMSO+adrenal#p46380
post #1
The so called Board certified Nephrologist wanted him on dialysis, he visited me before it commenced.

I was stunned to see, that he never even tried to control his BP.

To sum up, his Renal function is normal, root cause BP well controlled, Hep C under control, after a few IV DMSO sessions.

Coming to that, as in one of my earlier posts (can't locate, would have posted it's link), I wrote that NOT only Cancerous but ALL diseased cells of organ/organs are acidic, performing subpar.

Kidneys as you all know have a great capacity to grow/regenerate/hypertrophy, this person's dead cells were shed off and sub par performing brought to normal.

That's exactly what happened, when I treated persons suffering from Type 2 Diabetes, Adrenal Insufficiency etc, and are off prescriptive meds, because there organs have reverted back and now are no more diseased and cells functioning normally.

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 pm

You’re welcome, and again apologize for replying late, was busy with patients.

1. Correct....infusions, intravenous/IV.
2. Dosage, number of infusions, and days for oral differ for each person that have treated or treat. There is no hard and fast rule, it’s flexible.
3. For example, could be somewhere between 0.4-0.8 grams/kg, daily or every 2nd/3rd day.
4. The protocol, I normally follow is 0.8 grams/kg, daily.
5. The number of IV sessions and dosages can be titrated (IF required) it all depends on clinical improvement, but again my practice over the years is to infuse at least 7-10, 50 grams IVs. No harm, even if one takes an extra IV, or takes oral for a longer duration.
6. You know I deal, with people with serious, chronic illnesses; the most ever I have infused was probably 15, if I recall.
7. I don’t think that you would require any supplements, since you already must be taking the needed ones, but I’d recommend, adding Silymarin, Glutathione, Selenium, and Pantothenic acid.
8. Occasionally, I infuse myself with a cocktail, containing 70 grams, along with CsCl, VC, followed by Glutathione, helps me perk up....
9. I would recommend taking the IVs, followed by oral, and then carry out the labs to see where you stand. With my experience of using it, I can make out how the person is responding after 2-5 IVs, and mostly the labs correlate.
10. I don’t think you would get any results on Google, since I started using it for detoxing phthalates, some 2 years back....
11. And yes, for a successful outcome, the persons that I have treated are both clinically well and totally off prescriptive drugs. (BTW, I have never prescribed Steroids and Statins in my entire medical career.)

I tried my best to answer all questions posted and queries that might be bothering you.

Good luck again!
Best regards!

eDOC!!

Edited:
Rookie, rusty, subaverage doc but one that gives results. I'd recommend to think twice, before sending emails, since would charge for a consult!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:43 am

Thanks for the detailed response. Yesterday, my doc added 5 cc DMSO to an IV containing EDTA and Vitamin C plus a few others. Is a CC a gram? You recommend 0.8 g.. I don't smell, I don't think. He says it is completely safe and he can increase it as we go along. I'm going to take oral DMSO between weekly IVs.

We found a phthalates urine test.. So I may have that after a month or two of these IVs.

Question came up today (about to post) about mercury. DMSO for mercury?

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by eDOC » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:30 am

You're welcome.

By 0.8 grams, I mean approx 0.8 mL/kg, suppose if you weigh 70 kg, you would require 56 mL.

5 cc of DMSO ........I recommend min of 25 mL, and my usual dose is 50 mL of DMSO per IV.

It's been a while so I prepared a cocktail infusion (today after my reply), 40 grams of VC and 25 mL of DMSO in 10 mins, pH 7.3, white, none yellowish tint and completed that in 25 mins, 15 mins later 4 grams of Glutathione push. I felt the garlic smell, in breath within a min of starting the IV.....

In one specific case, that I did in the last 2 years, the person was cleared of phthaletes in a single session,( but I feel that was a fluke) the dosage of DMSO in that single infusion was 95 mL.

So basically what I'm trying to say 5 mL, is fine to take the feel, but for a a full detox of phthaletes, larger regular dose are needed.

Good luck again.

Hope you get well, you are on the right path....

eDOC!!

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by zarfas » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:55 am

eDOC wrote: I felt the garlic smell, in breath within a min of starting the IV.....
!

that's my biggest issue with oral DMSO, the smell! I only know to counter it by taking very little dmso

but my boss has RA, do you think DMSO,oral, would help her deal with the pain or her joint issues?

arthitis associatoin doesnt seem to support it
http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-ar ... e/dmso.php
Studies: Controlled studies as a topical application for DMSO and OA have yielded conflicting results. Few human studies

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:06 am

When I started DMSO years back, most people thought, including a colleague an MD, that had a drink. To which I replied are you stupid, I never take scotch early morning, not an alcoholic.........so basically most, including med professionals are ignorant about DMSO and its great benefits.

Yes I have put people suffering from both RA and OA in a good remission, requiring no NSAIDs or Steriods.

Edit:

Patients that I see have exhausted all conventional, alternative treatments and don't care about scientific evidence links etc, they want a remission/cure, which luckily I get.

I charge, but get results and that's their interest...........

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks! I'll increase the dosage IV next time based on your input eDOC.

Any recommendation for the oral DMSO dosage in the meantime? And any thoughts on using DMSO for mercury detox?

A thought occurs to me that if toxins are brought to the skin (if you can small DMSO on the skin) then frequent showers are a good idea to keep what ever makes it to the skin from being reabsorbed. Make sense?

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by eDOC » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:32 am

You're welcome Owen.

1. I'd recommend a min 15 mL/day, for oral.

2. Correct makes sense, frequent showers is a smart thought, that's what some of my female patient's do.....

Good luck and best regards!

eDOC!!

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by eDOC » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am

As to DMSO for Mercury, it works well as for phthaletes, but the protocol is different, which shall post later.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Johnwen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 am

As Usual! My hat is off to the Humble eDOC!

This question to Owen is related but a little off the subject.
Since I have been following your condition for a couple of years and I have put a name to it awhile back I was just curious if some of the symptoms are finally coming into play? SO!
Can you share the following readings from your last blood work if you have them handy?

Calcium
Potassium
Sodium
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Interesting... Hypoascorbate syndrome?

I think these from March are right after I got out of the hospital (after the last episode).

(The calcium is low)

Code: Select all

3/4/2017 10:30 AM
Component Results
Component   Value   Ref Range & Units   Status
Sodium   142   136 - 144 mmol/L   Final
Potassium   3.60   3.60 - 5.10 mmol/L   Final
Chloride   106   101 - 111 mmol/L   Final
Carbon Dioxide   27.1   22.0 - 32.0 mmol/L   Final
Blood Urea Nitrogen   26    8 - 20 mg/dL   Final
Creatinine   1.20   0.70 - 1.30 mg/dL   Final
Traceable to IDMS
Glucose   107    70 - 99 mg/dL   Final
Calcium   8.1    8.3 - 10.3 mg/dL   Final
GFR CKD-EPI   63.97   >=60.00 mL/min/1.73 m²   Final

You didn't ask, but here are some lab results from the next month (April 2017)

Code: Select all

4/6/2017  3:55 PM
Component Results
Component   Value   Ref Range & Units   Status
WBC   5.47   4.00 - 13.00 10*3/uL   Final
RBC   4.52   4.30 - 5.70 10*6/uL   Final
Hemoglobin   12.0    13.0 - 17.0 g/dL   Final
Hematocrit   34.2    37.0 - 53.0 %   Final
MCV   75.7    80.0 - 99.0 fL   Final
MCH   26.5    27.0 - 33.2 pg   Final
MCHC   35.1   31.0 - 37.0 g/dL   Final
Platelet Count   144    150 - 450 10*3/uL   Final
RDW   16.4    11.5 - 16.0 %   Final
MPV   9.5   7.0 - 11.5 fL   Final
Neutrophils Absolute   3.59   1.30 - 6.70 10ˆ3/µL   Final
Lymphocytes Absolute   1.44   0.90 - 4.00 10*3/uL   Final
Monocytes Absolute   0.39   0.10 - 0.60 10*3/uL   Final
Eosinophils Absolute   0.03   0.00 - 0.30 10*3/uL   Final
Basophils Absolute   0.02   0.00 - 0.10 10*3/uL   Final
nRBC Absolute   0.000   0.000 - 0.012 10*3/uL   Final
Neutrophils %   65.7   %   Final
Lymphocytes %   26.3   %   Final
Monocytes %   7.1   %   Final
Eosinophils %   0.5   %   Final
Basophils %   0.4   %   Final
nRBC/100 WBC   0.00   /100WBC   Final
Lab and Collection
CBC W/ DIFFERENTIAL on 4/6/2017

I'm excited to try the much higher dose IV/DMSO...

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by eDOC » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Over the years, I prefer, prescribe, rely on serum Free/Ionized Ca vs Total Ca, which in my professional view in not of much clinical significance.

One could have a normal Total Ca, and still have symptoms of Ca deficiency, Ionized Ca, is the more active component and needs to be monitored too.

Good luck!

Best regards!

eDOC!!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:40 am

FYI, I am putting together eDOC's Pearls of Wisdom about DMSO... Collecting as many posts as I can find. The idea was to give this knowledge to the alt. doc who will be giving me my IV/DMSO... I could post it as a PDF, let me know what you think eDOC. Next iv should be 25mL. I have started daily oral dosing too.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”