Why every dermatologist thinks you should be using vitamin C on your face

Forum devoted to the topical use of Vitamin C for the improvement of the skin, production of collagen, and general antiaging.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Why every dermatologist thinks you should be using vitamin C on your face

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:08 am

http://www.redonline.co.uk/beauty/10-best/benefits-of-vitamin-c-skin-products

Spend more than three minutes talking to any dermatologist, and they’ll inevitably start raving about these two things: 1. Wearing sunscreen every single day, 2. Why everyone should be slathering vitamin C on their face every single morning.

And yet despite all this, I can almost guarantee that none of you, as you sit here reading this, are currently wearing vitamin C. “I just don’t get it,” you say. “What does it even do?! Well, I’m going to help you here. Because unlike retinol (another skincare product loved by dermatologists), which can cause irritation and flakiness in the majority of people for the first month, vitamin C is a skin-perfecting ingredient that’s tolerable by almost all skin types immediately.

“I’m obsessed with vitamin C,” says Mona Gohara, MD, associate clinical professor at Yale...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Why every dermatologist thinks you should be using vitamin C on your face

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Wow the vitamin C neutraceuticals are so expensive ..but would like to be able to afford it.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Wow the vitamin C neutraceuticals are so expensive ..but would like to be able to afford it.

Me too, maybe someone here has a method of making a similar serum?

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by sjmusic2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:03 am

When I make up my AA-Lysine-Mg citrate drinks I typically rub some on my face.

I have in the past made this up for others and have used grapefruit seed extract as a preservative with mixed results. Probably better to make this fresh on a regular basis to maintain efficacy levels than to store for repeated use.

I don't notice much, but others (who don't megadose AA) love it and report that it leaves their skin feeling tighter and refreshed.

jeannekrieg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by jeannekrieg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:26 pm

sjmusic2 wrote:When I make up my AA-Lysine-Mg citrate drinks I typically rub some on my face.

I have in the past made this up for others and have used grapefruit seed extract as a preservative with mixed results. Probably better to make this fresh on a regular basis to maintain efficacy levels than to store for repeated use.

I don't notice much, but others (who don't megadose AA) love it and report that it leaves their skin feeling tighter and refreshed.

I have made C serum in the past. Vitamin c powder, water and glycerine. You can’t store it for long. I just got some more VitC from the foundation and need to make some. Will let you know how it goes this time. I’ll have to look up the recipe :) Jeanne

jeannekrieg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by jeannekrieg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:51 am

I take the vitamin C powder and dissolve it in some distilled water. Then I add the glycerin. 1 part (1 TBP) glcyerin to 3 parts of water. (3TBP)
I add in 1/2 to 1 tsp of vitamin C. Put it on before you go to sleep.

Return to “Topical Vitamin C”