VC benefits exercise

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC benefits exercise

Post Number:#1  Post by NiacinVC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

I remember awhile ago someone posting the question about vitamin c and working out.

This article talks about the benefit of supplementing vc for exercising

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Res ... Human-data
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: VC benefits exercise

Post Number:#2  Post by majkinetor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:59 am

It doesn't work here.
No matter how much C i take, muscle fatigue is huge here...
Don't know about heart rate ...

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 am

How old are you?

How much vitamin C do you take?

I remember at age 50 I wanted to work out with my son, but was totally exhausted until I remembered to take CoQ10.

Like a miracle.

Wrote this to document what happened: http://internetwks.com/owen/bb1.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by NiacinVC » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm

ofonorow wrote:

How old are you?

How much vitamin C do you take?

I remember at age 50 I wanted to work out with my son, but was totally exhausted until I remembered to take CoQ10.

Like a miracle.

Wrote this to document what happened: http://internetwks.com/owen/bb1.htm

Owen how much CoQ10 do you supplement a day? Do you take it once a day or multiple times a day? I just picked some up earlier today. Also do you take it with or without food?

Thanks
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by majkinetor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:11 pm

35 years.

I am now on around 6g per day up to 10g when I feel something incominug.

Last year I was more like 8-12g per day and that was the year I exercised the most, every day. I had to reduce C which I used in dynamic flow mode, as I developed esophagus pain that started few minutes after taking C (either as AA or SA). Needless to say, my muscle fatigue was huge.

I was taking CoQ10 (30mg), now I take 100mg every third day. I was also taking bunch of other stuff, like E, D, Fish oil, Zinc etc...

@Niacin
CoQ10 can be taken once per day or once every few days since it is fat soluble. I suggest 100mg per day for you. Depending on formulation it can be taken with or without a food. I don't think there is much better around from Jarrow Formulas Q-Absorb which doesn't need to be taken with food.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:06 am

Must take CoQ10 with fats (food!) or it will not be absorbed. (Source: Dr. Sinatra).

I am currently around 100 mg daily. Age 58.

majkinetor wrote:35 years.

Little young for regular CoQ10. My guess is most people require it starting around age 42, but if you are that fatigued.....

I am now on around 6g per day up to 10g when I feel something incominug.

Last year I was more like 8-12g per day and that was the year I exercised the most, every day. I had to reduce C which I used in dynamic flow mode, as I developed esophagus pain that started few minutes after taking C (either as AA or SA). Needless to say, my muscle fatigue was huge.

Hmmmm... I know that pain, and changing to sodium ascorbate fixed my problem,
or at least adding baking soda.. And there is always homemade lipo - that should
eliminate it.

I was taking CoQ10 (30mg), now I take 100mg every third day. I was also taking bunch of other stuff, like E, D, Fish oil, Zinc etc...

@Niacin
CoQ10 can be taken once per day or once every few days since it is fat soluble. I suggest 100mg per day for you. Depending on formulation it can be taken with or without a food. I don't think there is much better around from Jarrow Formulas Q-Absorb which doesn't need to be taken with food.

According to Sinatra - who always measured CoQ10 blood levels in his patients - there must be bile in order for CoQ10 to be absorbed. So not only food - but fats! As expensive as this supplement is, I would not risk taking it without some oils or fats.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by majkinetor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 am

Jarrow's QAbsorb is already packaged with fats so it can be taken without food.

My guess is most people require it starting around age 42

35 is the year I usually see in the literature and I some researchers mention even younger age.

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by NiacinVC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Please link any lit on CoQ10.

Thanks

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:38 am

Overview paper I wrote some time ago: http://internetwks.com/owen/coq10.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:09 am

To get the benefits of V-C from a workout it has to be taken 30-60 prior to the begining of your routine and not taken for at least 1 hour after. This blocks the cortisol release which stores fat allowing the body to burn fat rather then store it.

To get a Nitric oxide blast add a gram of L-arginine with the C before the start. This dialates the arteries causing more blood to get to the working muscles. This reduces muscle fatigue better known as the After-Burn.

If you take CQ10 and Blood pressure meds space them away from each other and make sure you monitor your bp. Certain Bp meds interact with Cq10. Some bp meds and Cq10 work against each other while some get enhanced by Cq10. This either causes your BP meds to be less or more active. Getting the Cq10 into the body first then spacing your BP meds later lessen's the chance of this intereaction aswhile as getting the full benefits of both.

If you have questions on this it's best to talk with your doc he/she can guide you on your individual needs.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Clinical Studies”