German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#91  Post by Frodo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am

On my question about the harmful effects of magnesium stearate:
I asked the Rath-Team because their products also contain magnesium stearate. They replied to me that magnesium stearate is only contained in very small quantities. And that has no harmful effects on health.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#92  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 am

We learned during the development of our ALL-C vitamin C capsules, that the fat soluble form of vitamin C, Ascorby-palmitate can replace magnesium stearate's function - making it easier for machines to fill capsules. You might bring this to the attention of the Rath team.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#93  Post by Frodo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 am

OK. I'll do so.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#94  Post by Frodo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 am

Well known doctor and bestseller author Dr. Ulrich Strunz wrote an article about scurvy and heart attack. I think it's the first time that a german physician supports it. Great!
Here is the link:
https://www.strunz.com/de/news/skorbut- ... farkt.html
Unfortunately only in german. Perhaps deepl translator (or others) can help.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#95  Post by Frodo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 am

I tested my lp(a) today again. At another lab. And empty stomach. I'll report on the result.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#96  Post by Frodo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 am

I got my blood tests today. The lpa's gone down to 163 nmol/l (ref. value <75). Still to high but at least improved. According to Dr. Rath this can also be due to the fact that broken down particles still circulate in my bloodstream.
My apolipoprotein a is worth 216 mg/dl. And my apolipoprotein B: 100 mg/dl. The quotient B : A is 0,46 (Ref. value = 0,45 - 1,25). That is a very, very good value.
Unfortunately my homocysteine increased to 13,1 umol/l (Ref. <10). Therefore tomorrow I'll start again to take injections with vitamins B 6, B 12 and folic acid.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#97  Post by Frodo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

I forgot to say, the measurement was carried out turbodimetrically on a Roche Cobas 8000.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#98  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 am

Unfortunately my homocysteine increased to 13,1 umol/l (Ref. <10). Therefore tomorrow I'll start again to take injections with vitamins B 6, B 12 and folic acid.

I haven't reviewed the paper in a while, but the Pauling/Rath unified theory paper mentions McCully/Homocysteine, and that HC increases in guinea pigs deprived of vitamin C. All your numbers seem to point to not consuming enough vitamin C in your case. Remind us, what is your daily vitamin C amount? And have you ever calibrated you intake (per the Jaffee Acorbate Calibration)?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#99  Post by Frodo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

ofonorow wrote:

I haven't reviewed the paper in a while, but the Pauling/Rath unified theory paper mentions McCully/Homocysteine, and that HC increases in guinea pigs deprived of vitamin C. All your numbers seem to point to not consuming enough vitamin C in your case. Remind us, what is your daily vitamin C amount? And have you ever calibrated you intake (per the Jaffee Acorbate Calibration)?

Owen
My daily amount of vitamin C is about 10 to 20 grams (ascorbic acid powder/ascorbate with magnesiumcarbonate/ lipo-C). I still haven't calibrated my intake/blood value. How can I do it? I don't know the Jaffee Ascorbate Calibration. Where can I find informations? And please give me the link to the Pauling/Rath unified theiry paper.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#100  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#101  Post by Frodo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 am

I've done the ascorbate calibration "C Cleanse" test. And I reached the watery stool at 50 grams vitamin C. According to the test 75% of the total is the current daily sufficiency need for ascorbate that I have to take now. Shall I really take 37,5 grams (= 75% of 50 grams) ascorbate daily now?
Until now I took 10 to 20 grams.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#102  Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:20 am

According to Jaffe's graph, at 50 grams, you are still in the main bell curve - around where the arrow points.

Note there are a few super-healthy people in the blue/yellow on the left, and the very unhealthy in red on the right. The good news is that whatever is stressing you and increasing your need for C, history tells us that it resolves over time, and you won't need that much vitamin C forever.

I think Dr. Levy is probably right that a lot of this increased C requirement is created by dental infections.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#103  Post by Frodo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks, Owen. I'll take 37 grams and after 2-3 weeks I'll do the the test again. But I don't believe the cause are dental infections. That's all OK. I think it's caused by wounded arteries after angiography and stent implantation (coronary plumbery).

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#105  Post by pamojja » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:08 am

skwoodwiva wrote:Owen, I do not use a buffered AA. Is that going to effect the test?

Ascorbates may affect the titrating to bowel-tolerance test. With which minerals your AA is buffered? - I'm asking because if it is calcium you would get toxic levels of that mineral by taking such large doses.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”