can she unclog her arteries?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

SL4ID3R

can she unclog her arteries?

Post Number:#1  Post by SL4ID3R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am

my aunt is 59. recently she had chest pain on heart location in last month. Weather is really cold here. She consulted cardiologist and they gave some medicines they did her ecg here bp was 160/90 he suggested lipid profile & eco stress test. She had taken the lipid profile recently but it came normal 153 cholestrol. She took the thyroid test aswell which came normal due to the pill shes been taking. She feels pain on in upper chest on left side after eating a meal. She feels pain when she walks fast. Cardiologist said 70% of her heart is working. How can she unclog her arteries?

I have read and watched Sir Pauling theory. But Im from India. Can anybody help me?

lipid test
http://puu.sh/7ZFK5.jpg

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: can she unclog her arteries?

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:20 pm

SL4ID3R wrote:can she unclog her arteries?
Hi SL,

To answer your question succinctly and bluntly [in my opinion, assuming her nutrition is adequate], I would give an absolutely unqualified: YES. But she will have to be convinced enough to follow through in doing what she needs to do!

There are a number of participants here that are far more technically qualified [than I] to give you specifics. I will just offer this: I would recommend she immediately start ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid every day [for the rest of her life]. If you are unfamiliar with this concept [and numerous health benefits], I highly recommend you read [at least the first ten paragraphs of] the following article by Dr. Robert Catchart, M.D. http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm

If you have any further questions, comments, and/or concerns, SL, you have definitely come to the right place to get them addressed!

I wish you the best of success [with your Aunt].

Sincerely,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

SL4ID3R

Post Number:#3  Post by SL4ID3R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:57 pm

davids1 wrote:
SL4ID3R wrote:can she unclog her arteries?
Hi SL,

To answer your question succinctly and bluntly [in my opinion, assuming her nutrition is adequate], I would give an absolutely unqualified: YES. But she will have to be convinced enough to follow through in doing what she needs to do!

There are a number of participants here that are far more technically qualified [than I] to give you specifics. I will just offer this: I would recommend she immediately start ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid every day [for the rest of her life]. If you are unfamiliar with this concept [and numerous health benefits], I highly recommend you read [at least the first ten paragraphs of] the following article by Dr. Robert Catchart, M.D. http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm

If you have any further questions, comments, and/or concerns, SL, you have definitely come to the right place to get them addressed!

I wish you the best of success [with your Aunt].

Sincerely,

David

tyvm sir

I don't know anything about nutrition cannot tell if her nutrition is adequate on what grounds?

She is willing to do whatever it takes to cure it naturally without surgery.

I have read the article on that link but how can I get her BT. She is close to 60 yrs and have 78kgs weight. She had problems loosing wait due to thyroid.

I don't know how to find the right ascorbic acid. what to look for? powder form or tablets?

she had stomach issues with multivitamins which I think she is unable to digest as many other old people.

Is this the right product?
http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Crystals- ... B00028LX1U

regards
SL

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by davids1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi SL,

You are most welcome.

Nutrition: Does she consume [as the majority of her diet] whole foods, e.g. fruits, vegetables, tubers, legumes, grains, dairy, etc.? I so, my guess is her minimal nutritional needs are probably being met. That notwithstanding, I do believe a daily multiple-vitamin-mineral supplement is good dietary insurance.

Bowel Tolerance: To quote the first sentence of the article
Dr. Cathcart wrote:A method of utilizing vitamin C in amounts just short of the doses which produce diarrhea is described (TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE).
In other words, SL, when she has ingested a little too much ascorbic acid, she will get a loose stool and/or watery bowel discharge. There is no danger in this, SL, and in fact, in my opinion, at least at first, it is quite healthy, i.e. health inducing/producing. From my view, she would then wait an hour or two, and then begin dosing again. If her experience is anything like mine, SL, her Bowel Tolerance will vary somewhat from day to day, and will particularly rise when she is "fighting" something, i.e. has some health issue/problem.

Yes, the link you gave will work fine [for the powder/crystals], although this link http://www.msm-msm.com/store/agora.cgi? ... QgodPBYAgA sells it much cheaper. The powder/crystals, SL, are theoretically the very best way to ingest ascorbic acid. I find, for convenience sake and long-term tooth enamel protection, that the tablets work well. If she uses the powder/crystals, just advise her to rinse her mouth/teeth with plain water after each ingestion. If she chooses the tablet form, just make sure the main ingredient is ascorbic acid, i.e. vs. a mineral ascorbate like calcium ascorbate.

If any of this is not quite clear, SL, please do feel free to ask again.

Best wishes, SL,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

SL4ID3R

Post Number:#5  Post by SL4ID3R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:05 pm

davids1 wrote:Hi SL,

You are most welcome.

Nutrition: Does she consume [as the majority of her diet] whole foods, e.g. fruits, vegetables, tubers, legumes, grains, dairy, etc.? I so, my guess is her minimal nutritional needs are probably being met. That notwithstanding, I do believe a daily multiple-vitamin-mineral supplement is good dietary insurance.

Bowel Tolerance: To quote the first sentence of the article
Dr. Cathcart wrote:A method of utilizing vitamin C in amounts just short of the doses which produce diarrhea is described (TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE).
In other words, SL, when she has ingested a little too much ascorbic acid, she will get a loose stool and/or watery bowel discharge. There is no danger in this, SL, and in fact, in my opinion, at least at first, it is quite healthy, i.e. health inducing/producing. From my view, she would then wait an hour or two, and then begin dosing again. If her experience is anything like mine, SL, her Bowel Tolerance will vary somewhat from day to day, and will particularly rise when she is "fighting" something, i.e. has some health issue/problem.

Yes, the link you gave will work fine [for the powder/crystals], although this link http://www.msm-msm.com/store/agora.cgi? ... QgodPBYAgA sells it much cheaper. The powder/crystals, SL, are theoretically the very best way to ingest ascorbic acid. I find, for convenience sake and long-term tooth enamel protection, that the tablets work well. If she uses the powder/crystals, just advise her to rinse her mouth/teeth with plain water after each ingestion. If she chooses the tablet form, just make sure the main ingredient is ascorbic acid, i.e. vs. a mineral ascorbate like calcium ascorbate.

If any of this is not quite clear, SL, please do feel free to ask again.

Best wishes, SL,

David

David sir,

She is vegetarian. She eats all the veggies and fruits randomly according to season which are available.

As I told you she had digestion problem with the multivitamin capsules. But she takes B-complex many times a week.

Our Bulk L-Ascorbic Acid Powder is tested to USP35 standards at 99.75% minimum purity and provides a less expensive alternative to our Ester-C or Calcium Ascorbate Powders if you don’t have acidity problems. http://www.msm-msm.com/bulk-ascorbic-acid-description/

She had acidity problems from past till now which she cures by taking anti-acid tablets which imo really wrong. will she face problem with ascorbic acid?

Thanks for the rest of advice.

Regards
SL

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by davids1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi SL,

If most of her diet consists of fruits and vegetables, I doubt she would have any nutritional deficiencies [at least caused by the food (unless she is boiling the vegetables and throwing away the water)]. If her health is less than optimal, she may have nutrient absorption problems, but from my view, if she perseveres with daily Bowel Tolerance doses of ascorbic acid, her overall health will [very gradually] improve to the point of overcoming any and all absorption problems [that she may have].

Acidity Problems: If I were her, SL, I would do the following:

1) I would use only sodium bicarbonate as an antacid [when needed].

2) I would ingest all of my ascorbate as ascorbic acid, and then ingest whatever minimal amount of sodium bicarbonate I needed to take care of any over-acidity problems [that arose]. If need be, she can mix [in water] up to one part of sodium bicarbonate with two parts of ascorbic acid.

Additionally, I have found that drinking very large amounts of just plain water [alone] will also usually work, i.e. to lessen an overly-acidic stomach/esophagus.

As her overall health improves, SL, I suspect she will find that her "acidity problems" will gradually dissipate.

I hope that helps, SL, and encourage you to make sure all of your questions and/or concerns get answered/addressed.

Best regards,

David

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#7  Post by Dolev » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Of course, Lysine should be added.
Dolev

SL4ID3R

Post Number:#8  Post by SL4ID3R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 pm

If most of her diet consists of fruits and vegetables, I doubt she would have any nutritional deficiencies [at least caused by the food (unless she is boiling the vegetables and throwing away the water)]. If her health is less than optimal, she may have nutrient absorption problems, but from my view, if she perseveres with daily Bowel Tolerance doses of ascorbic acid, her overall health will [very gradually] improve to the point of overcoming any and all absorption problems [that she may have].

Acidity Problems: If I were her, SL, I would do the following:

1) I would use only sodium bicarbonate as an antacid [when needed].

2) I would ingest all of my ascorbate as ascorbic acid, and then ingest whatever minimal amount of sodium bicarbonate I needed to take care of any over-acidity problems [that arose]. If need be, she can mix [in water] up to one part of sodium bicarbonate with two parts of ascorbic acid.

Additionally, I have found that drinking very large amounts of just plain water [alone] will also usually work, i.e. to lessen an overly-acidic stomach/esophagus.

As her overall health improves, SL, I suspect she will find that her "acidity problems" will gradually dissipate.

I hope that helps, SL, and encourage you to make sure all of your questions and/or concerns get answered/addressed.

Best regards,

David

Alright I'll do that. Thanks for clearing it out.

How many days should I continue this?

should Lysine be added? example of the product?

Dr Joe Prendergast on L Arginine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_bkiTVly0

regards
SL

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by davids1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:52 am

Hi SL,

You are most welcome.

I believe ALL people should be [for maximum health] ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid every day for their entire lives [similar to what virtually all animals do for themselves (internally)].

Apparently lysine seems to assist in the vascular plaque removal process, and perhaps also proline. My own view is that ascorbic acid is enough [if you can afford to wait], IF you ingest a Bowel Tolerance dose of it daily.

I have never read of arginine [also] removing vascular plaque. Others here? There seems to be no end to what orthomolecular "medicine" can accomplish!

Best wishes,

David

SL4ID3R

Post Number:#10  Post by SL4ID3R » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 pm

You are most welcome.

I believe ALL people should be [for maximum health] ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid every day for their entire lives [similar to what virtually all animals do for themselves (internally)].

Apparently lysine seems to assist in the vascular plaque removal process, and perhaps also proline. My own view is that ascorbic acid is enough [if you can afford to wait], IF you ingest a Bowel Tolerance dose of it daily.

I have never read of arginine [also] removing vascular plaque. Others here? There seems to be no end to what orthomolecular "medicine" can accomplish!

Best wishes,

David

David Sir,

I forgot to mention shes taking three medicines atm

for thyroid
for bp - envas
for blood thinning - ecosprin
those all are taken by her early morning

can she take ascorbic acid along with it?

regards
SL

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by davids1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi SL,

Now you are really getting outside of my knowledge zone! My understanding is this: Ascorbate will treat any foreign substance [it encounters in the body] as a toxin, and therefore neutralize/eliminate it. Therefore, if she wants to keep ingesting those medications [and perhaps she should (at least for awhile longer)], it is probably best to not ingest any ascorbic acid within one hour before, or within one hour afterward. As an example, Dr. Cathcart did write that ascorbate can be used synergistically with antibiotics, but I do not remember if he mentioned the specifics of when and how.

That's the best I can do, SL. Perhaps someone else here, e.g. Johnwen, Owen, etc., may be able to give you a more specific recommendation.

Best wishes,

David

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:25 am

First of all David's intuition - while good - is not what Linus Pauling told us. Vitamin C by itself will not (always) resolve existing heart disease. The best example is the first case Linus Pauling provided us on the National Academy of Science winner. This scientist had begun taking 5000 mg of vitamin C (RDA - 70 mg) on Pauling's advice, but still had angina (pectoral) pains and difficulty walking. Only after he asked Pauling and Linus told him to add 5000 mg of lysine - did the man recover in about 30 days to the point of chopping wood.

A lot of people would point to this case as evidence that vitamin C, by itself, had no value for this fellow's heart disease. (We'd point out that it was probably the reason he was still alive.) No matter, the recommendation to add additional supplemental lysine is not based on a whim, but rather on extensive science that discovered what causes atherosclerotic plaques to develop (arteries to narrow), and that is a sticky sub-set of LDL cholesterol called Lp(a). These Lp(a) molecules bind to lesions (cracks) in arteries via the so-called lysine binding sites. Vitamin C, lysine (and proline) together are a patented LP(a) binding inhibitor, and this has been our primary message since around 1994.

As far as the woman with a possible heart condition (might be her gall bladder) there is no harm taking vitamin C, and as David mentioned, adding backing soda or using sodium ascorbate may be better tolerated. However, from your description, I suspect her stomach acid is low, so she has difficulty absorbing nutrients, including vitamin C.

Almost any vitamin C you can purchase in a store (at least in USA) is fine. Pills or powder, but pills contains other materials, which can sometimes cause problems. Bottle should say ascorbic acid (or sodium ascorbate) in supplement facts. Form isn't as important as dosage, and the lowest dosage I have encountered that reversed a 70% carotid blockage has been 2500 mg vitamin C and 2500 mg lysine.

Here is our standard approach for people who are beginning Pauling's protocol (w/pills)
http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

SL4ID3R

Post Number:#13  Post by SL4ID3R » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 am

ofonorow wrote:First of all David's intuition - while good - is not what Linus Pauling told us. Vitamin C by itself will not (always) resolve existing heart disease. The best example is the first case Linus Pauling provided us on the National Academy of Science winner. This scientist had begun taking 5000 mg of vitamin C (RDA - 70 mg) on Pauling's advice, but still had angina (pectoral) pains and difficulty walking. Only after he asked Pauling and Linus told him to add 5000 mg of lysine - did the man recover in about 30 days to the point of chopping wood.

A lot of people would point to this case as evidence that vitamin C, by itself, had no value for this fellow's heart disease. (We'd point out that it was probably the reason he was still alive.) No matter, the recommendation to add additional supplemental lysine is not based on a whim, but rather on extensive science that discovered what causes atherosclerotic plaques to develop (arteries to narrow), and that is a sticky sub-set of LDL cholesterol called Lp(a). These Lp(a) molecules bind to lesions (cracks) in arteries via the so-called lysine binding sites. Vitamin C, lysine (and proline) together are a patented LP(a) binding inhibitor, and this has been our primary message since around 1994.

As far as the woman with a possible heart condition (might be her gall bladder) there is no harm taking vitamin C, and as David mentioned, adding backing soda or using sodium ascorbate may be better tolerated. However, from your description, I suspect her stomach acid is low, so she has difficulty absorbing nutrients, including vitamin C.

Almost any vitamin C you can purchase in a store (at least in USA) is fine. Pills or powder, but pills contains other materials, which can sometimes cause problems. Bottle should say ascorbic acid (or sodium ascorbate) in supplement facts. Form isn't as important as dosage, and the lowest dosage I have encountered that reversed a 70% carotid blockage has been 2500 mg vitamin C and 2500 mg lysine.

Here is our standard approach for people who are beginning Pauling's protocol (w/pills)
http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

thanks alot sir

Just couple of questions.

Should I consult her cardiologist or with doctor who practices nutritional medicine as

Ron Kennedy, M.D
http://www.medical-library.net/vitamin_ ... sease.html said before giving her both supp?

Should I supplement with the above recommendation for vit c/lysin or should I purchase the cardio-c?

regards

SL

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by davids1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:57 pm

ofonorow wrote:[color=#000080][b]Vitamin C by itself will not (always) resolve existing heart disease. The best example is the first case Linus Pauling provided us on the National Academy of Science winner. This scientist had begun taking 5000 mg of vitamin C (RDA - 70 mg) on Pauling's advice, but still had angina (pectoral) pains and difficulty walking. Only after he asked Pauling and Linus told him to add 5000 mg of lysine - did the man recover in about 30 days to the point of chopping wood.
Hi Owen,

Question: Did Pauling specifically write that "Vitamin C by itself will not (always) resolve existing heart disease?" I would agree, if a person's GI tract is not healthy enough to ingest enough ascorbate, they probably will not be able to resolve it. But my view would be that if they persevere, they will eventually be able to ingest enough [daily] to resolve it [if they do not die first].

In the case you mentioned above [of the scientist], he could not resolve it with [a mere] 5 grams a day. Maybe his Bowel Tolerance, and therefore need, was 10 to 20 times that. He added 5 grams of lysine to his 5 grams of ascorbic acid daily, and resolved it. How do we know he would not have had just as good a result if he had upped his ascorbic acid intake to 10 grams per day? Perhaps the lysine is valuable because it allows a person to not have to raise their Bowel Tolerance [to ascorbic acid], and yet still be able to resolve their heart disease. And I would certainly agree, if that is the case, it would definitely make lysine a valuable supplement indeed.

Am I missing something here, i.e. it does not seem to me that the case for lysine's necessity is proven? Yes it clearly works, but is it proven/demonstrated anywhere, that ascorbic acid alone, at [daily] Bowel Tolerance doses, will not get the job done?

Just asking [and thinking out loud],

David

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by exitium » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 am

Welcome to the forum SL4ID3R.

I dont want to stray too far off topic and I think clearing her clogged arteries should be the first priority.

Having said that however I think there are clearly other issues in her life that should be addressed as well. However it seems there are very few medical practitioners who truley know whats going on when it comes to nutrition and natural cures.

Thyroid problems almost always stem from lack of iodine and selenium but B2/B3 play crucial roles here as well.

there are no plant sources of B12 so a vitamin B complex may not be good enough. It should have B12 from methylcobalamin and B9 in the form of methylfolate if not then she definatly is not getting the B vitamins she needs.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”